Easy Recipe: Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks, Sausage, Vegetables Stew
I'm zero at cooking so if I can make it and it turns out like a real meal, then it's very easy to make :)
- at least 2 lamb shanks
- 8 sliced sausages (minimum of 1 inch wide)
- about 4 potatoes largely quartered
- about 2 sweet potatoes, large cubes
- about 4 carrots, large slices
- red wine
- 500 ml pasta sauce, garlicky or herbed one is good
- salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and beef stock granules for seasoning
- leeks chopped
- some olive oil and butter
- 1 onion
- 4 or more cloves of garlic
- Coat slow cooker pot with butter.
- Dump your vegetables and sausages in.
- Pour your sauce and some red wine in.
- Mix everything and season.
- Let it rest.
- Heat pan and saute garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Put shanks in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix .
- Turn to sprinkle the other side. Mix.
- Let it brown on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker pot.
- Put leeks on top.
- Put towel liners on top as you place lid on.
- Cook on high. Leave unopened for 4 hours for tenderness.