Easy Recipe: Chicken Macaroni Sopas (Soup)
This is a quick dinner fix for a cold night :)
- 250 grams macaroni pasta
- 1 whole chicken medium boiled to tenderness (about 20-30 minutes) in 6 cups of water (with salt and pepper)
- about 200g ham cubes
- 2 carrots in little cubes
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion
- 1.5 cups of fresh milk
- about 2 cups more of water as needed
- reserved chicken broth (used to boil the chicken)
- some butter and oil
- In a pot, saute onion, carrots, and celery in butter and oil.
- Add in chicken and ham. Mix lightly to absorb flavors.
- Pour chicken broth. Heat and add macaroni pasta in. Add more water if needed.
- Add in milk after 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and other spices as desired.
- Serve immediately. If not, separate the pasta from the soup while waiting to serve.