Why We are Dissatisfied with Life
Why do we become dissatisfied with life? Why is there discontent, why do we lose zest for life. Why do we become bored or simply resigned?
What You Will Get (My Utmost For His Highest)
• "So many of us are caught up in accumulating possessions and accolades to show for. All these things that we so proudly show have to go."
• "Once you do surrender, you will no longer think about what God is going to do. Abandonment means to refuse yourself the luxury of asking any questions."
• "Once you do get to the point of total surrender to Him, you will be the most surprised and delighted person on earth."
"I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]." John 10:10 AMP
Life is the greatest of all gifts
That God has given you life and noone can harm it is prize enough. Life is the greatest gift we can receive from above. To be born into this world and experience God and His creation, and the gift of New Birth is life's greatest blessing.
We become dissatisfied:
when we overlook God's blessings.
when we become discontent.
when we become self-reliant.
when we become ungrateful.
when we become complainers.
when we become idle.
when we become conceited.
when we fail to make God center.
when we make life about things not people.
when we live evil lives.
when we look down on others.
when we stop being generous.
when we become selfish.
when we isolate ourselves from others.
when we resent the mistakes of others.
when we cannot get over our own mistakes.
when we live mediocre lives.
when we over-expect.
when we do not trust God.
Steps to Satisfaction in Life
• To appreicate is to realize the full worth of what we are beholding. To see as the object of our sight must be seen.
• When we appreciate, we 'think highly'; nothing and noone is taken for granted.
• Appreciation causes great pleasure. No blessing is left unseen. There is 'no small thing'. Everything is of value and one is ever so grateful. Proverbs 10:22
• To abandon is to let go of our own ideas and speculations.
• When we abandon, we 'trust' and 'entrust'; nothing is held back, nothing is held onto
• Abandonment causes great peace and security. There may be uncertainty but there is assurance that God is working everything out. Romans 8:28
• To ask is to place oneself under the care of another.
• When we ask, we realize that life is not all up to us and it is not about us.
• Asking causes faith and intimacy to grow. We consult God about everything and we constantly remind ourselves that God is the giver of life and everything in it.
• To aim is to strive for productivity. We leave nothing to chance and don't resort to idleness.
• When we aim, we realize the shortness and value of time.
• Aiming causes us to strive doing good, to keep growing, to find worthwhile things to do with precious time and opportunities that God sends our way. Ecc. 9:10