God is our certainty in the midst of uncertainty. Remember your anchor.
"Both nations and individuals have tried Christianity and abandoned it, because it has been found too difficult; but no man has ever gone through the crisis of deliberately making Jesus Lord and found Him to be a failure." MUFHH
From The Love of God—The Making of a Christian, 680 R
• We look upon uncertainty as a bad thing.
• The nature of the spiritual life is that we are certain in our uncertainty.
• Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life– gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life.
• To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways. it should be an expression of breathless expectation.
• We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God.
• Believing our belief about Him is NOT believing God.
• The spiritual life is the life of a child. Matthew 18:3
• We are not uncertain of God, just uncertain of what He is going to do next.
Basic Realities in this World
1. Nothing is permanent. Everything has an end.
2. Nothing is sure. Everything is variable.
3. Nothing satisfies. Everything has a saturation point.
God is Unchanging
1. He is steadfast in all His thoughts and ways.
2. There can be no fickleness nor partiality in His decisions and actions.
3. This makes Him sincere and fair in handling my affairs.
God is all-knowing
1. He has a clear view of everything; everything in between the past up to the future is fully disclosed before Him.
2. There can be no ignorance nor lack of wisdom in His decisions and actions.
3. This makes Him trustworthy and qualified to handle my affairs.
God is the source
1. He is the fulfillment of every heart's longing. (fulfillment is satisfaction or achievement)
2. He has no shortcoming. (shortcoming is a flaw, a lack, a fault)
3. He will not shortchange. (to shortchange is to give less than what is deserved or required)
4. There will be no shortfall. (a shortfall is a deficiency or shortage, a failure to meet requirement or expectation.)
"Jesus replied to them, I am the Bread of Life. The one who comes to Me will never be hungry, and the one who believes in Me [as Savior] will never be thirsty[for that one will be sustained spiritually]." John 6:35
"But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.” John 4:14
"For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things." Psalm 107:9
Listen: Coffee With God (Bill Hybels)
• An Advertising Executive's poses his problem: "I just can't make time meeting with God."
• Bill Hybels responds:"I always make time for stuff I value. if I value something, I'll make time for it, if I don't, I won't."
• The Advertising Executive's realization: "I pray that I may be more aware of His presence in my life."
• Bill Hybels' advice: "Fashion a meeting with God that you look forward to. Confirm that God is really in it whenever you make major life decisions."
Where's your chair? Where do you meet with God?
Where do you reflect on His Word and open yourself to His power?
Where do you become aware of His presence in your life?
The thing about the unlimited presence of God is that you can meet with Him anywhere.
When you meet with God, you think about Him more throughout the course of your day. His presence lingers after the meeting.
Where's your chair? Sit in it and have your life transformed.
Where's your chair? God will meet you there.