Bible Lesson: Easy Bible Facts
Here are some basic and easy bible facts you should know about:
- The Bible is a collection of books. The selection for inclusion followed certain criteria. Check here.
- The Bible has 2 sections. The Old Testament and The New Testament.
- The Old Testament has 39 books. The New Testament has 27. Total: 66.
- The Old Testament covers the time period before Christ was revealed.
- The New Testmant covers everything during the time of Christ, the church, and letters to the churches.
- Moses contributed the most books in the OT, namely the Pentateuch (Gen-Deut)
- The Apostle Paul contributed the most books in the NT.
- It is commonly held that Job is the oldest book of the Bible.
- The Bible was written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.
- The first English translation was made by John Wycliffe.
- The longest book is Psalms and the longest chapter is 119.
- The person who ever lived the longest was Methuselah (969 years old). Genesis 5.
- Two persons (simply humans) did not see death on earth: Enoch and Elijah.
- Gutenberg produced the first ever printed bible.