Recipe: Slow Cooker Crsip, Chewy Brownies
In many recipes, slow cookers can take the place of hot and high energy costing ovens. Try baking your brownie in one sometime.
- 3/4 cup of organic cocoa or cacao powder ( the less processed stock, the better)
- 1 cup to 1.25 cups of caster sugar or regular white sugar (lessen if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of AP flour
- 1/2 + 1//8 cup of butter ( you may cut your butter into 8 parts and get 5 cuts)
- 2 medium to large eggs (cold ones seem better)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- some drops of strong coffee brew if you like
- Melt butter, blending the cocoa powder and sugar in. Stovetop method may burn the mixture. Place over steady simmering water, careful not to let water droplets get into your mixing bowl. If using microwave, melt butter slowly and in increments. Then take out and do the mixing.
- Mix in the vanilla and coffee drops if you like.
- Beat eggs in one at a time, mixing well and firmly each time.
- Mix flour in gradually and surely.
- Give your batter a strong mixing for about 1 minute. Shiny and thick looking batter is good.
- Place in non stick pan or lined glass pan. I used a 7 by 5 inch glass storage.
- Slow cook for 2 hours or less. Mine was fully baked at 2 hours. Top was crisp. The brownie was kind of chewy. Not sweet at over a cup of sugar. I will lessen baking time next time as I prefer it fudgy and moist.