Sharing The Gospel: Leading Someone To Christ
An opportunity to talk about the Gospel doesn't always come. For some it's hard to bring the Gospel into conversations and gatherings. Some may be gifted with creating their own openings and opportunities, others are not. I am like that. I am an introvert. I tend to wait, and wait, and wait. Over the years I've learned to be more accepting of my weakness and depend on the Holy Spirit to create opportunities for me. If you pray, the answer will come. God always says YES to prayer requests that fulfill His will on this earth.
So, start praying for opportunities. Depend on God to help you live a life that will bring curiosity to the lost. And remember these important points you must cover when you talk about the Gospel:
Explain one's need for Christ and Explain that Christ is Enough.
People want to change their lives, to better their lives. People want excitement. People want to do good with their lives. Having Christ and getting saved does that. But those are not the reasons that bring people to Christ for salvation. Those are just about reformation; not repentance, not salvation.
- The lost need to know that sin dooms them to hell.
- The lost need to know that Jesus is the only way.
- The lost need to know that self-efforts will doom them, self-efforts won't meet the requirement.
- The lost need to know that Jesus loves them and died for them, that His sacrifice on the work is the only thing that can save them.
- The lost need to know that we need to trust in Christ's finished work on the cross to save us from our sin and bring us to an eternity with God in heaven.
- Lastly, the lost need to know that Jesus will never unsave us. If you ask Him to save you, you will be saved from life. Moreso, you will enabled to live an abundant life.
You need Scriptures
It is the Holy Spirit that works in our hearts and it is thru God's Word that we are made alive and new.
Most of the time, an open opportunity is a short opportunity. You need to cover the essentials for a short period of time. Personally, I share 3 Scripture verses each time I present the Gospel.
Romans 6:23. This explains our sin dooms us to hell and Jesus is the only way.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
For it is by grace you have been saved,
through faith—and this is not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
Some get creative and use a One-Verse Diagram based on The Bridge to Life Material by Navigators. You may freely download a copy here.
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. Love to hear your thoughts or questions in the comments box!