Why buy canned whipped cream when you can make homemade whipped cream at in a quick, easy, and cheaper way?
Commercial canned whipped cream like Aunt Betty's or Dream Whip from Coles retail at AUD$4 and up. But making your own quick and easy fresh homemade whipped cream only costs as low as $1.16011 per cup. Here's all you need to have and do:
Now, I know what you're thinking. It costs a lot more to have these ingredients. But listen, buy these and you have a supply of ingredients for more homemade whipped cream recipe. I always have these on hand to use for pancakes, coffee or chocolate topping. dessert cream toppings, pavlova cream, and more. You won't need to keep buying whenever you need to use whipped cream. And you can serve it fresh every time instead of using canned whipped cream that contains additives and preservatives.
Here are the easy steps for making homemade whipping cream recipe:
- Pour 1 cup of thickened cream ($1.16) in an airtight, round, and deep sealable container. (This lets you store leftover cream with ease. Use one that can fit your beater or batter blender.)
- Blend in 2 to 4 tablespoons of sugar. (.008 to .016 cent) (Sweeten according to your preference.)
- Blend in 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar. (.03 cent) (You can add a little more if your stock can no longer thicken cream well.)
- Some vanilla if you want more flavouring. This is optional. Some coconut essence may do as well.
- Blend to desired consistency. It gets firm or stiff fast so check after a minute or so.
Keep it fresh for long by using a spoon or dollop server. Refrigerate leftovers and consume the next day or two.
*photo credit to S. Hermann and F. Richter